Thursday, April 21, 2011

Lettuce 2011

There are lettuces ready to harvest from 45 days to 70 days and here in the city the last 2 days we reached 96 degrees Fahrenheit when the normal temperatures should stay at 80 F at this part of the year. That's why you take your chances and sow in the middle of February a lettuce ready in 70 days, that way you have it ready a little before the heat goes wild. If a frost arrives after the middle of February you just simply cover it from the weather, but overall this 2011 we never saw spring frost after the middle of February.

It was breakfast time and I haven't been eaten vegetables lately, so when I saw my little romaine lettuce ready to harvest, guess what happened?, yes I ate it! with balsamic vinegar and parmesan cheese, good way to start my day.



No comments:

Post a Comment