Sunday, February 27, 2011

A bonanza of bush beans

Last year I did not use soil inoculant for my beans, now I did!. Of all the vegetable seeds in my hands, there are not more varieties than bush beans; I'm in the search of my favorite fresh beans!. The last summer I sowed "stringless green pod"(heirloom), but I planted at the very hot days of summer and the beans were almost skeletons(very creamy ones, but skeletons!, I did not get neither half a pound from a ton of plants!). Later when fall arrived I sowed another variety: "bush blue lake" and I got several more bean pods from this one; but in both instances I never used soil inoculant and anyway, blue lake gave me more harvest, but at the same time I could blame the weather for the failure of the stringless beans, it may be something I could not know for at least one more year; so let's wait to see how things develop and get the final grip on the bush bean mystery, until then we keep whirling on the twilight zone.

2 comments:

  1. Salteadas con beiconcito yummy :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh con tocino ah, nunca los he probado asi, pero los intentare

    ReplyDelete